Japonica rice: Factors leading to its popularity
Japonica rice grains with outstanding nutritional value are creating trust among global consumers. Japonica rice is extended to produce and export to many large markets.
Must-know things about Japonica rice
Japonica rice is a high-class rice variety from Japan, with many outstanding features such as more flexible, more fragrant, and higher in nutritional content than ordinary rice.
Main features of Japonica rice
- Japonica rice grains are rounder, thicker and harder than regular rice grains. This rice is also stickier due to its high amylopectin content, while Indica rice starch consists of less amylopectin and more amylose. Japonica plants are shorter than common rice plants. Japonica is one of the best short grain rice varieties.
- Japonica rice’s quality is very good. Its grains are round, smooth, hard, even, less broken. When you smell it, you will feel the sweet aroma, if you chew it, the taste is sweet and pleasant.
- Currently, on the world rice map, Japonica rice cultivation area accounts for about 20%. The rice collected provides about 12% of the global market share. China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Europe, America, etc. are the places with the strongest Japonica consumption. The average yield of Japonica is 0.5 to 1 ton/ha higher than Indica rice. Therefore, this rice has quickly become a staple crop in developed countries such as Korea and Japan.
Nutrients in Japonica rice and its health benefits
- Because Japonica rice is grown by standard organic methods, rice has a large amount of nutrients that are sufficient for the body such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, fiber, etc. Japonica is also rich in minerals and vitamins: B1, B2, E, K.
- Japonica helps lose weight, stimulate appetite in every daily meal. Besides, Japonica limits the risk of cardiovascular diseases and increases the resistance inside the body.
How to cook Japonica rice successfully
- Because Japonica rice is harder than regular rice, the cooking method will be different. Cooking Japonica properly will make the rice grains more delicious and flexible.
- Before cooking, soak the rice for 30 minutes so that the rice grains are soft, when cooked, the rice is soft and not crushed.
- When washing rice, it is important to avoid being harsh. First, you pick up gravel and rice husks (if any). Then gently rinse the rice with water, decant the water mixed with dirt. The vigorous rubbing will cause the rice to lose valuable nutrients.
- When cooking, avoid opening the lid continuously. You should only open the lid and stir when the rice is exhausted.
- Cook rice by boiling water instead of cold water. Cold water causes the rice to swell, crumble, and cook unevenly.
- It is recommended to eat rice after it is cooked for 15-20 minutes because at this time the quality of the rice is the best.
Popular brands of Japonica rice
Koshihikari Rice is known for its flexible, aromatic, and sticky grain and is overall one of Japan’s highly famous rice brands. This Japanese prefecture is regarded as one of the producers of superior rice quality and sake. What makes this brand and Japonica rice unique is the explosion of flavors inside your mouth after taking a bite.
K-Agriculture Japonica 5% broken
Japonica rice has been cultivated in Vietnam since 2016. The cultivation area is in Cuu Long River Delta where due to the developed irrigation system, favorable weather, and experienced farmers. Regularly, rice milling factories are located nearby the farm, to ensure the best quality of rice and to reduce the transport time between harvesting and milling.
Doña Maria Japonica Brown
Rich in nutrients such as Fiber, Magnesium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, B3, and B6, Doña Maria helps you become fit while enjoying the aromatic nutty and chewy texture of its Japonica Brown variety.
Distinguish good and fake Japonica rice
The distinction of rice is primarily in terms of its appearance and after-cooking characteristics. You can also buy a few kilos to try first; After cooking, the rice grains are soft, sweet, and fleshy.
Second, you can distinguish by the selling price and buying place, the normal price on the market today is 1.32 USD/kg, which is the common and usual price for Japanese rice sold today.
In case you can buy Japanese Japonica rice for only 0.5 USD/kg, you may have bought poor quality products. Because that rice will not be harvested enough days from the date of harvest. If 120 days is the full day of harvest, cheap Japanese rice may only be 90 days or 100 days, which will not have enough ingredients, as well as nutrients in rice.
Please contact us for more information via:
+1 (830) 888 1822